Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wanted to ask if it was possible to sue an old workplace.

Customer Question
Hello i wanted to ask...
Hello i wanted to ask if it was possible to sue an old workplace. I left in 2012 after being constantly bullied by my manager of the time. I took them for wrongful dismissal and won. I have tried to sue them through workers comp but at the time the process was way to stressful. I have been umemployed for two years after i did have a job but my anxiety carried there with me. Is there anyway i can sue them for what they did to me and how i have become since then. I was not anxious before this. Thank you in advance for your time.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

In order raise a claim against a former work place, you will need to establish two aspects, that there was a injury to person, and not just economic loss, and that the claim is not statute barred. Both these elements need to be met in order to be able to raise a claim.

Is there are any specific reason why the claim is being considered so late ?