Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a complicated situation that I need advice on.

Customer Question
I have a complicated...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

What is your concern at the moment ?

Hi John, I had a consultation with a lawyer and subsequently signed a contract and made payment. The next day I told a grave lie to break the contract and retrieve my payment. They charged me admin costs and returned the bulk of the payment. The company found out I had lied to break the contract. My question is, are they allowed to disclose this information to anyone namely my employer or another law company. Or are they bound under confidentiality to keep this information confidential.

This will really depend on the conditions of the contract. Do you have a copy that you can upload and I can review ?