Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I’m currently in a house and the real estate says the sherif

Hi, I’m currently in a...
Hi, I’m currently in a house and the real estate says the sherif comes tomorrow to lock the doors. I’m on bail conditions and need a residency, I haven’t found another house yet, what are my
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Qld
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes, I have a property warrant
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a court date but missed it but I have a medical certificate for that date
11/18/2017
WiseOwl58

If you have a propety warrant and missed the court date for a legitmate medical reason, nothing will happen to you. You will be safe and just explain to the sheriff what the situation is and the sheriff will either let you stay in the place or relocate you to another place which is safe and permissible for you to stay. In either case, things will work out fine for you.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am in Australia, I don’t believe that to be the case. On Monday morning before sheriff comes I will need to call the tribunal and have them call the police to stop said warrant, hopefully then I can get the case re opened and the warrant extended
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

I am Leon a NSW Solicitor and I will try and assist you with your question.

How long ago was the court date and do you know if the court made an order against you?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi Leon, I missed the court date on the 8th, the sherif comes 10am tomorrow, They served me with a warrant last night

The payment has failed and the phone call cannot be made.

What does the warrant say?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Property possession warrant

Does it have a date that you have to be out?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It’s a property possession warrant so they come and change the locks

Because you have left it so late it is going to be almost impossible to stop them.

The court has made the order and you have not followed it up.

You will need to get an order setting it aside and that is not going to happen in the morning.

Do they say what time they will attend?

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor