Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have got fines from vicroads, victoria, not yet now they…

Customer Question
I have got fines...

I have got fines from vicroads

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet now they converted into warrant but someone else was driving that vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now i was trying to nominate them but they are asking the reason why you were late? to nominate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

You can raise a defence at the hearing that another person was driving the vehicle.

You will require that other person to provide an affidavit in support of your defence.

Are you able to get that other person to arrange for an affidavit to be done ?

how can i arrange the affidavit?
because all the fines are under my name.
the person is not here at the moment

You will need to locate that person in order to have the affidavit done by them.

Would you like to talk about this important matter by telephone. I have extended a special offer to support if you prefer ?

is there is any other option?

You can provide an affidavit confirming the details of the other driver. But if they dispute that claim saying there were not driving, you will remain liable, unless there is other evidence to the contrary.

where i can get affidavit from?

The affidavit can either be prepared by a lawyer preferably, or a sample can be downloaded from the Magistrates Court website.