Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received a text from a business owner where I take my

Customer Question
I received a text...

I received a text from a business owner where I take my daughter for after school lessons for fun sex. I didn't reply and he has admitted it happended.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes reported to police who said there is charges or laws

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All I really want to know at this stage is how much I should expect them to pay me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

I am nit sure what you are asking.

Are you asking what you should be paid to have sex?

I have asked them to make an offer of compensation.
How much should I be expecting for this

Good Evening

Compensation for what?

They may have offended you but there is nothing illegal in what they have done.

Even the police cannot charge them for messaging you and asking you to have sex. That is not illegal.

What are you seeking compensation for? Have they told others that you are a sex worker which is not true?

Well it is inappropriate for a teacher of my child and business owner who I am paying to teach my child to put me in that position. I can no longer face him and have taken my child out of his care.

It is not morally correct.

But is it not illegal.

The best you can do is request a formal apology

asking for money is not correct and it may be seen as extortion if he thinks you will use this against him if he does not pay you and this is a criminal offence.

I am really sorry but I cannot give you anything more positive. I cannot find anything illegal in what he has done.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

I know it is not illegal however as a business person surely he should offer more than just sorry

Good evening

The law says you are entitled to compensation if you have suffered loss

You have to show you have suffered loss if you wish compensation.

If you were to take it to court, you have very limited chance of success.

If he has told others then you have a case, But if he has only texted you, then I am sorry you are not eligible for any compensation.

You can ask for money but I cannot tell you what to ask for because there is nothing illegal about what he has done.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

If you still need assistance please let me know

Regards

Leon, Solicitor