Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Travel claim. Qantas plane had mechanical fault so we were…

Customer Question
Travel claim. Qantas plane...

Travel claim. Qantas plane had mechanical fault so we were turned around and had to stay in Sydney overnight and fly again the following day. i was out of pocket for ~$1k but my travel insurance company said it was not covered under a clause they had that expenses incurred due to "technical faults with aircraft" not covered, Surely mechanical issues is one of the main reasons you would take out travel insurance. Can you advise me if i can pursue this further please?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I field a claim and had it rejected on the grounds I wrote above Filed - sorry for the typo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also tried to get compensate by Qantas but they also refused to pay anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

did you raise a formal complaint to qantas yet seeking any form of compensation in writing ?

i did, I rang first and then used their custoemr feedback service as directed, I have followed up with a couple of emails saying how unhappy I was with their decision

Did they provide a written reply yet ?

they have, and I also got a written response from my travel insurance company

can you upload the qantas reply so I can review it please ?

did you get the document OK?
hello, have I lost you?

system got stuck, as a compensate, i have extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

no thanks, can't talk on the phone just now.
Just want to know what I can do to take this further

Yes you can by filing a claim under thee Australian Consumer Law at NCAT.

Would you like to discuss the procedure ?

thanks John, but no i have to leave now. I will google it or get back to you thanks

ok

i will be aviable to chat further when you are ready