Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have just recieved a letter from vic police in regards to…

Customer Question
Hi. I have just...

Hi. I have just recieved a letter from vic police in regards ***** ***** warrant from 10yrs ago. It was for breaking a CBO. I had no problem in doing the order it was my ex. If i didnt leave vic 11yrs ago i wouldnt be here now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Victoria. I think around 2007/2008. Not sure. I didnt realise i had one as i have lived in WA and have lived in qld for past 4yrs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont know. I only recieved letter from Packenam police today. I called straight away.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am just very concerned at what is going to happen. I have never tried to avoid police and did try to transfer the CBO in katherine 2008. They said they couldnt transfer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

There will be a summons for you arrest and a hearing that follows.

Have the police asked you to attend the police station yet ?

No. I recieved letter today and i rang straight away. The detective i spoke to said that he will be away for 4wks so i wont know till then. He also said he will speak to corrections to see what they want to do.
I live in far nth qld near cooktown so no mobile reception.

Ok, usually where a warrant is outstanding they will come and arrest the person.

Did you provide your address details where you are ?

They already had it. I dont know from where i havent been in any trouble. That was my one time. I was in an abusive relationship.

Ok.

I have extended a special offer to talk you on the telephone if you prefer ?

I dont have mobile service or land line. I live in the daintree rainforest.

ok.

What I suggest is accept the offer, and when you get near a phone you can call me and then I can discuss in detail your issue.

My numbers will display when you accept the offer.