Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was divorced back around 2000 my passport number is XXXX.

Customer Question
My name is***** was...

My name is***** was divorced back around 2000 my passport number is ***** I have been living in Jakarta since then. I have two children from that marriage. I wish to fly back to Australia shortly but I don't know if there is any problem in my leaving the country again as I don't know if my wife tried to contact any government office for child payments that I was unable to support as I was unemployed. How can I find out if I am in any sort of a problem over this matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Western Australia but my wife moved to Melbourne.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Have you contacted child support directly on this issue yet ?

no. I am not actually Brett XXXX and he is still in Jakarta and asked me to make the call on his behalf as he is just about flat broke but wants to come down to Perth to see his son from a previous marriage.I would call you direct but I am not happy and have told him there is a cost which I do not wish to keep paying for his problems. Is there a number he can call child support direct as he really needs to do this and not me, His concern is that if he comes to Perth he does not know if there is any impending injunction his wife may have made years ago on child support that immigration could stop him leaving the country again.

A query can be made directly with CSA via there website.

How long has Brett been out of Australia ?

Brett has been out of Australia for at least 12 years. He would call you but can't afford to and neither can I.

I can call him to talk to him directly if that is easier.

I have extended a special telephone offer for you to consider if you prefer ?