Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been separated from my wife for 2 years and in that…

Customer Question
I have been separated...

I have been separated from my wife for 2 years and in that time she managed to have my name removed as an authorised contact from insurance policies of properties we jointly own and she at one stage canceled my health insurance policy without my consent. is that legal and what can I do to get my name reinstated on those policies. when I phone Suncorp they say they cant speak to me because of privacy laws. These were accounts I originally set up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes we have been to mediation in February but she keeps frustrating the agreement with amendments and she still has not signed the consent orders .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the insurance companies at least provide a statement that my name was removed and when that occurred

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****