Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son passed away in September his employer tried to put…

Customer Question
My son passed away...

My son passed away in September his employer tried to put his 1/4 super in by due date and money bounced back to his account. I have called many times and have been told both my sons accounts are inactive but was not told the second one had become inactive it was open in July. I've been told once the super goes in account will become active insurance money and fees deducted for that 1/4 and I will be able to make a claim on the death cover. Is this correct

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NSW

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards
Have you contacted the super fund directly in writing on this important matter yet ?
No I prefer chat thank you
I have called many times to be told account is inactive contact employer or ato. I have done both and it gets me no where

Did you contact them in writing ?

I have sent you a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

hello I would prefer emailing ? am I going to answers or is this just another way of getting money out of desperate people

did the super fund respond back in writing ?

And what did they say ?

they said the account is not active. the employer put money in and it was rejected . the new account they say is not retested but I have a letter saying it is its dated 31.7.2017. they closed the account with out telling anyone
I have been told by many of the hesta employers that once employers put money in it is reactivated or a new account is set up Hesta is not letting employer put money in for the quatre

What you need to do now, is have a lawyers letter issued to address the confusion between the parties, and that should then clean up the matter.

This will be the easiest way to deal with the next step.

How much money is involved ?

that way he is not covered by insurance and I can not claim
the super is only about $1200 its the death cover my daughter and I need. My son was only 20

Thank you. Understand.

The next step is to issue a legal notice to clear the confusion up. It might take 2 letters to follow up.

why was I charged $98? I did not authorise that

When you posted your fist question you would have select several options and one of these would be related to the charges. You can raise a query from the help menu in your members area and just answer will respond to you.