Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I'm hoping you can help? i purchased a very expensive 2

Customer Question
hi pearl I'm hoping you...
hi pearl I'm hoping you can help? i purchased a very expensive 2 seater reclining lounge suite that was only just over 6 months old , the bottom seat and the back rest that recline have slumped and the whole seat is on a very crooked and very uncomfortable lean causing some health issues to my wife as far a chiropractic issues and excruciating pain in her hips on her right side which is the side that the reclining chair has a very severe lean, my wife and i returned to the store to complain about this suite with photo evidence, the store then forwarded the photos of the crooked leaning lounge to a local repairer whom contacted us to come over to our home and make a visual assessment of their own which was a month later after they made contact with us by phone. a report by the upholsterers has been forwarded back to the harvey norman store of purchase, and finally the store rang us today and the lady on yhr other end of the phone said that there is nothing that they will do for us because the frame inside the lounge was bent; i find this very unsatisfactory and not in line with consumer law, can you please tell us if we are entitled to a replacement or full refund???
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: hi pearl sorry referring to the lounge purchased from harvey norman it was purchased as brand new from the store we waited 8 weeks for the store togged it in stock for us it now is only just over 6 months old now,it was delivered in feb-2017 right from the store as brand new still wrapped up.
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: we ordered it in late december 2016 and then it was delivered feb 2017, gold coast QLD
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: the store did
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we were told it is covered by full 12 month store warranty,we want it replaced with a brand new one exactly the same.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 27 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 27 days ago

have you considered making a claim under Australian Consumer Law ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor