Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

CAN ABREAK OF EMPLOYMENT FOR 2 YEARS & THEN RE COMMENCING

Customer Question
CAN ABREAK OF EMPLOYMENT FOR...
CAN ABREAK OF EMPLOYMENT FOR 2 YEARS & THEN RE COMMENCING FOR 13 YEARS BE ADDED TOGETHER FOR LONG SERVICE LEAVE. SAME EMPLOYER IN TOTAL 21 YEARS
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Temporary
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Employer NSW GOVT
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

this is a good question and will depend on the contract that was signed.

did your contract of employment carry across to the new period ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Two separate contracts
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

in this case there would be no over hold period that would link the time frame.

Have you spoken to HR seeking if they are willing to offer a bonus of some form instead ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor