Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My employer terminated me on the 23/10/17 can to my house…

Customer Question
Hi my employer terminated...

Hi my employer terminated me on the 23/10/17 can to my house said he was going to lay me off today (because it was just not working out). No warning,guidance or direction just like that saying my employment was terminated immediately because I was on probation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Fulltime

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has not paid me any entitlements though he said he would and put that in an email. he also deducted $557 out of my monthly pay because the wrong fuel was put in a company ute. I was in Gladstone QLD doing his bidding during work hours is that legal. I basically worked half a week for nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Your next step is to raise a formal complaint direct to the employer in writing, while at the same time filing an application at the Fair Work Commission for unfair dismissal.

Did you issue a formal complaint to the employer yet ?