Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Both the father and the mother wish to place the care of…

Customer Question
Both the father and...

Both the father and the mother wish to place the care of their daughter in the fathers name what is the process

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No the mother has a brain injury due to car crash we live together and both wish for me to be the sole provider

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

This can either be done amicable through mutual agreement, or through a parenting arrangement documented by lawyers, or through the family court.

Which option do you consider appropriate for your needs ?