Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Have you had any complaints about 'Trikon'. We thought we…

Customer Question
Have you had any...

Have you had any complaints about 'Trikon'. We thought we were signing up with Optus and found that we were not only with Optus for our business but also with Trikon who are sending us bills for a phone? We are suspicious that the signature on the contract with Trikon has been forged or transferred from the Optus contract as there were about Six tiny signatures all identical.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Have you raised a formal written complaint to Trikon ?

No - spoke on the phone to them to find out what the bill was for as there was no phone number. We then asked for a copy of the contract we had signed and waited for 5 minutes on the phone while they found it and then emailed it to us as we had to the best of our knowledge never signed a contract with them only Optus. We hung up saying we would report them and then looked up telephone ombudsman on the internet.
Look I'm not getting my answer to my simple question which in the beginning was have the ombudsman office had any complaints about Trikon?

You have two options to which is to raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law, or file a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Which would you prefer to do at this time ?