Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My OPtus phone line, wifi etc were cut off without warning…

Customer Question
Pearl, my OPtus phone...

Pearl, my OPtus phone line, wifi etc were cut off without warning by Optus. The account was current and said "this account is ready for payment. After many hours on the phone the service was restored. Two weeks later it was cut off again and I have now had my phone number quarantined. It was an Optus mistake and they admit that,. How do I regain my home phone numbeer in posession of the family for 40 years? Carol Louise Rigby

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have spoken at length on Monday for 3. hours 52 minutes. They are in the process of restoring wifi etc but cannot get anyone to sort out home phone number. A sales team member said if I did not get any satisfaction I should report it to the Ombudsman.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

This has nothing to do with the workplace, this is my personal home phone and personal wifi, email computer etc. which does have an affect on my job as Practice Manager to a Psychiatrist and therefore I cannot access my office for information through wifi.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That Optus have admitted their error in cutting off my service without warning and for no reason

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Do you have any communication in writing from Optus on the disconnection ?

No
I am not happy to proceed with this call. I thought this was a direct link with the Telephone Ombudsman and I am not happy to pay more funds for which I believed was a free service for the Ombudsman - I think my online question was not what I thought it to be.

ok.

This is the next step, you need to create a paper trail of communication with optus.

So the next step is to issue a complaint in writing to them regarding the circumstance.

Are you able to do this ?

but I was starting the process with what I thought was a direct link to the Telephone Ombudsman.

No, this is not the Ombudsman.

I have extended a special telephone offer to you to talk on the phone if you prefer ?