Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I've a Qld cop l had a run in with 4yrs ago over a home

Customer Question
Hello I've a Qld...
Hello I've a Qld cop l had a run in with 4yrs ago over a home invasion he refused to investigate. It was recorded on 000 recording. He has harrassed me ever since. I had no criminal record and he is clocking up a criminal background for me right now, at age 51. I have recently found out that he has put a "Delusional" diagnoses for mental health on my file... I have lost jobs, and just the other day met a new person that was told by another ... l don't even know what... but it made him drop me without another word. He worked in Federal Govt. Defamation of Character?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Qld (l did mention it above 😊
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about this case...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Um... hes a Snr Sgt that has made headlines for Misconduct in our town
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 28 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question.

Good Morning

What you have to do is firstly to get a copy of your record and you can apply for that from the Australian Federal Police.

Then you have to have a full examination from an independent psychiatrists to show that you are all clear and then you can have this all investigated.

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor