Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I have a specialists medical certificate, deeming me

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a specialists medical certificate, deeming me unfit for full duties, and can only lift no more than 2kg, can my supervisor direct me to do full duties.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New South wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Im not sure I understand the question, sorry. I am asking for my daughter, who is a full time employee, and a union member.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

if you have presented the certificate to your employer, they cannot ask you to lift items that you cannot do.

have you raised a formal complaint to the employer yet ?