Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently we had the outside of our house painted, during…

Customer Question
Recently we had the...

Recently we had the outside of our house painted, during that process the painter noticed that our roof had multiple cracked tiles and suggested before the storm season we have our roof inspected and repaired. We have had two inspections and both roof inspectors stated that the type of tile on our roof was from a faulty batch and we should approach the company and lodge a claim .There web site states a life time warranty. We have done this and the company have stated that the roof inspectors are wrong that they would not be from a faulty batch and that the type of tile we have had only a one year warranty and our house is 23 years old. Is it of any value to pursue this further or should we accept that we will have to pay for a new roof. Thank you for your time Sue

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Have 2 written reports from the recent inspections, have the original building report from when we purchased the property.have contacted the original builders but they have no documentation.I completed the warranty claim on line but the programme wouldn't allow me to upload the inspection report and quote

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

We live in Buderim QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there anything else we can do first ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

do you have the original paperwork from when you built the house, which confirms who the roof tiles was purchased from ?

It is important to establish the connection to the manufacture of the roof tile company, whether through a builder or directly for the tiles on your roof.

We are not the original owners , have been to the company who built the house and they have no paper work , but we didnt ask either what company they would have used

The most important aspect is to establish a link.

Have you tried the local Council planning department as they should have records of the build ?

Thank you no we haven't . We will do this and go from there , is there any other paper work we should try and get?
Thank you for your tim

Just the building connection detail to the roof tile company.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as it helps in answer your important questions.

I have also extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone when you need.