Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to get divorced, but i cannot prove my jurisdiction…

Customer Question
I want to get...

I want to get divorced, but i cannot prove my jurisdiction as i am not a citizen

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes i did and the court has asked me to provide me with an affidavit

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im not sure if my visa is valid or not because i lost all my papers and i don't know how i can provide with an affidavit

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Where did you get married ?

NSW

Ok, there will be records in the registry office, have you tried that yet ?

my problem is that i need to provide my proof of residency, which I cannot as I lost all my visas and my passport

What Country are you from ?

Australia
originally from Lebanon

Ok, lets talk on the telephone to make it easier for you, I have sent you a special offer

can you please advise me here since I've already paid $81