Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a contractor arrangement with my previous employer who…

Customer Question
Hi there, I had...

Hi there, I had a contractor arrangement with my previous employer who promised myself and another colleague a huge bonus if we achieved certain KPI's, however after achieving these, he is refusing to pay my invoice that I issued for the bonus amount. Is there anything I can do in this situation? Many thanks Tamara

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No the HR manager is his wife and I have not sought any other advice as yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No it was a "contractor" agreement - I was not technically an employee - no unions involved either way

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that the original offer made was verbal. He previously has not disputed the invoice, only the ability to pay it!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

is there any form of correspondence that details the bonus offer ?