Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like some advice on our Family Property as in my…

Customer Question
Hi I would like...

Hi I would like some advice on our Family Property as in my grandmothers will it states that when she passes it will go to my dad and then once he passes it will go to myself and 2 siblings. However unfortunately my dad passed away recently and so with our grandmother still being alive but having our aunt(her daughter power of attorney) as she has dementia. So my main question is can our aunty sell the family property with out discussing with myself and my sibligs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Northern Territory

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The only thing we have is Nannas will which I am waiting to receive from my sister

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im not sure really

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

This is a good question and will depend on the wording of the will.

Have you had the will reviewed by a lawyer yet ?

No I haven't as it was with our dads belongings and my sister is yet to send it over to me. Our Aunty does not know we have a copy

Ok. This document is very important as it will tell you what legal rights stand between the parties.

Do you think you can get a copy of the will ?

I can just waiting on a reply from my sister as she is working outback NT

I have extended a special offer to you to discuss this important matter by telephone if you prefer as it will make it easier explaining the relevant issues that may be faced ?

sorry I don't have my mobile on me at the moment

I can call your landline if you require.

I do not have one and I have given my mobile to my daughter to use today. Sorry once she is home this afternoon I could call ?

Yes that is fine. Just accept the offer and you can see my telephone numbers to call on as required.

Ok thank you.

you are most welcome.