Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem with my body corp. Qld. I have rang QCAT so…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my body corp.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have rang QCAT so far but my Body Corp have served a Statement of Claim upon my daugter through The Southport Court on 9th November to respond towithin 28 days.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh there is so much stuff I need to discuss with him/her,what our rights are when we had a payment agreement with Starta Gem(body corp agents)every week that we were paying on time which began in May 6,2016 and paid thru to April 2017when they served a statement of Claim in September 2016 on my daughter who is just turning 21.This has smashed her especially after Strata Gem gave us there BSB & ACC details,gave us approval to pay $200/week

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/15/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

what was the statement of claim for ? Please provide more details.