Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife and a friend booked a holiday to india with webjet…

Customer Question
My wife and a...

My wife and a friend booked a holiday to india with webjet they were unable to go as one of them got sick, they cancelled the holiday and webjet sent a letter advising them, as per clause 6.3 of our terms and conditions, recovery under our refund policy is no longer available, please assistcustomer with their insurance claim accordingly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

We sent this information to qbe insurance in september and after several after long phone to qbe calls we have had, no success their latest ref(###) ###-####my wifes friend has since died and webjet will not give us any further letters as we dont know her friends middle name, email address, dob or other information as her friend made the bookings online. what should we do. holiday booked on 11 march 2017 we are in nsw. phone 0417 941 030

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean filed or reported

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I am currently overseas and cannot offer phone calls as part of the service. I am happy to continue in chat if that suits you. What did clause 6.3 say?

The insurance they had did it cover travel cancellation?

i dont know what clause 6.3 says the letter just says as per clause 6.3 yes
no please refund the $5 on my card