Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle last night. After signing all paper…

Customer Question
Hi, I purchased...

Hi, I purchased a vehicle last night . After signing all paper work I drove home. The vehicle seemed very slow in pick up . I left the vehicle in the drive way for approximately 30 minutes . Then went to go out in it .

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The vehicle kept stalling and would not go into gear

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

This is in W A and the vehicle is 5 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if I can return the vehicle and cancel the deal

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

do you have a copy of the paperwork ?

What does the warranty provision say in the document ?

The seller is suppose to sell you a road worthy vehicle and if they have not, you can raise a damages claim in the Magistrates Court against to recoup your losses.

I paid for a extended3 year warranty

Ok.

Under the Australian Consumer Law the seller needs to repair the vehicle to a satisfactory standard.

I have sent you a special telephone offer to discuss this important matter by telephone if you prefer ?