Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I calculate the stamp duty on a house purchase?

Customer Question
How do I calculate...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I need to know how high I can afford to bid at auction

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so ...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

How much is the house and when did you sign the contract ?

You can use the online calculator at the SRO - State Revenue Office website if required, or I can advise you on the amount payable.