Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Does a concerns notice need to be authorised and or sent by…

Customer Question
Does a concerns notice...

Does a concerns notice need to be authorised and or sent by a lawyer ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported to my employer yes, concerning a family member of an employee

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

In what respect are you using this notice ?

I feel that i have a defamation case and want issue a concerns notice before proceeding with legal action if nessassary, want to know if this needs to come from a lawyer or can be issued by me

What do you want to do in this case, do you want to raise claim ?

From what I understand I can send a concerns notice and the accused can offer an apology letter or email, if he declines to do this, I can then make a claim, my question once again is ..does the concerns notice need to be issued by a lawyer or can I send this off myself ?

would like to talk on the telephone, I have sent you a special offer if you prefer ?