Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My brother and I bought a hot tub about a year ago. He sold…

Customer Question
Hi, my brother and...

Hi, my brother and I bought a hot tub about a year ago. He sold it on Saturday in exchange for 6 months rent with a friend of his. I was unaware of the deal. His friend now says he cant take in a flatemate and is refusing to return the hot tub. Do I have a legal right to take my hot tub back

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Yes you do, as it does belong to you.
I would however make arrangements with the person who has it to come and pick it up at a mutually convenient time so not to cause issue.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you