Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have recently taken up insurance on a car and been quoted…

Customer Question
Hi, I have recently...

Hi, I have recently taken up insurance on a car and been quoted about $100.00 per annum more because I have this year made a no-fault claim which resulted in the car being written-off. I was told that's the rule and all insurance companies operate the same way. My question is why should I be penalised for something it's not my fault.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

It's in Victoria and the car was a 2002 model Mercedes Benz slk230.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, what for?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that's my only claim in more than 40 years of driving. Also, the insurance did not charge me for the policy excess verifying that the accident was not my fault.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

You are correct with your comments that you should not be penalised.

Did you obtain a quote from another provider ?