Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner applied for a visitor visa 600 on 29/09/2016, on…

Customer Question
My partner applied for...

My partner applied for a visitor visa 600 on 29/09/2016, on 09/07/07 it was passed onto the VACCU. we are still waiting a response. roughly how long would this take?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No pending applictions

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, any lawyer i have contacted said that i would need to do it within australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that everything, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
this is for a visa for australia
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

visa processing is at the discretion of the department of immigration and can take anywhere from 1 to 6 months subject to the information that was provided.

Did you provide detailed information with your application ?

anything that was requested was sent back within the time frame

ok that is good.

It is really then just a matter of waiting.

Did you have any criminal convictions that needed to be reported ?

I have also extended a special offer to talk with you by telephone if you prefer ?

criminal record was disclosed, and all relevant information sent with application
surely 14 months is a long time to be waiting on the outcome?
no that ok thanks , I'm in work at the minute so can't answer my phone

Did you use an immigration agent to process the paperwork, or did you do it yourself ?

it all had to be done online through the Australian Immigration Website, and create an account. so i did it myself

ok very good.

The only reason the process will be taking that long is due to information of documentation not being right or there are other forms of queries the department has raised with your application.

i have emailed a few times to ask if there is anything that i can do, and have been told no. so I'm presuming its not due to missing paperwork etc.
so am i just supposed to sit and wait some more?

Yes that is what you are facing at the moment.

The only alternative is to cancel that application and resubmit a new application using an immigration lawyer.

Are you considering this option ?

can i not use an immigration lawyer with my current application? i don't know if i can bring myself to cancel it as we have spent so much money getting it done, i also lost out on flights last year due to this.

No you cannot, as it has already been submitted. So it stands on its own merits at this time.

I recommend as your matter is important you accept telephone services and we can talk in detail when you have time.