Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had nothing but problems with Telstra in the last 2…

Customer Question
I have had nothing...

I have had nothing but problems with Telstra in the last 2 years or so. My connection has continuously cut out, which I reported constantly. Sometimes they would say it was there connection and other times blaming me and my line. I have had 3 technicians out which could not find the fault but the last one came out and said it was my line that I replaced and still nothing was resolved (which I was charged for). I believe I do not owe them anything because my line cut out that much that when I had 2 children in high school needing to do research etc. and another child trying to do her nursing course online and could not access the internet to accomplish their goals. I am so disgusted with the service I have received (or not received) due to the fact I have been a customer for 20 years or more you would think they would help more than they have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Of course

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Where you have not received a proper service from Telstra you can raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law.

Have you considered this option yet ?

No as I don't know whether I can fight this or not!

You can raise a claim under the ACL or just raise a claim direclty with Telstra with their disputes resolution department..

Where there is a history of an issue, such as your case, usually Telstra will come to some form of compromise.

Would you like to try the non-adversarial way first by issuing formal notice to Telstra ?