Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I own a unit in a block of 5. We have a Body Corporate

Customer Question
I own a unit...

I own a unit in a block of 5. We have a Body Corporate Management Company appointed. Our AGM was early May 2017. The minutes were incorrect and I asked the Body Corp to amend. This has not been done. I have sent emails and made phone calls to the Body Corp re wanting to speak about other issues and there has been no response other than automated email replies. This is not good enough as we pay them to look after our group of units. How can I get them to respond to us, I am not the only owner that cant make contact with the body corp

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

In Victoria, no not yet, not sure what to do or where to go

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Before the AGM the body corp arranged for two quotes for the painting of all the units exterior. Several of the owners were not happy with the two quotes so I found another painter to quote. At the AGM those present agreed that the third quotes was acceptable and that the Body corp would notify all other owners of the decision. The successful painter's quote that was agreed upon was to be contacted to let him know that he was successful, he was never notified and the other owners also were not notified.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Its seems the body corporate manager is not acting as per the rules.

Are you considering on removal of the manager ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor