Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to know who I can dispute a price for fixing a…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know who I can dispute a price for fixing a pipe leak with or who I could find out a fair cost for the work I had one fixed yesterday and the plumbers bill has come in for $4421.80

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry amount is 3421.80 for pipe and 1.5 hrs work

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just wanted to see who I could go to to find out a fair price

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Spoke to my insurance co they will only cover 1055 of the bill the amount even after that still seems excessive

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Did you have a written quote from the plumber before they started ?

No verbal was part insurance and part owner just want to know who I can go to to see if price charged is correct name of gov body for plumbers fees maybe
Sorry but I don't want to pay more fees I thought it was $5.00 only

I do agree with you that the prices may be excessive for the time period of the work done.

In this case what you should do is obtain another quote from a plumber for the same job.

You may have to pay for this quote but it is a good step to do.

If the quote comes in less than what you paid you can raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law against the plumber.

Thanks for replying please distory my credit card details

You are able to remove your details in your members area.

In relation to your important matter of plumbing over charging, I have extended a special offer to talk with you by telephone to assist in raising a claim if you prefer ?