Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I made a claim on a motor vehicle accident which resulted in…

Customer Question
I made a claim...

I made a claim on a motor vehicle accident which resulted in damage to 2 sides of my car. The insurance asessor has said because there is 2 separate bits of damage, they lodged 2 claims and that i'm up for $1000 excess instead of $500.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

QLD, 4 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, i have one claim which i sent through Innovation Group and then the asessor changed it without telling me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think thats it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Was the damage as a result of the same incident?
If yes, then you should not be liable to pay double the excess.
If it is as a result of two or more incidents, then yes, sadly the excess may need to be paid.

Any issue, speak with the ombudsman:
https://www.fos.org.au/

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you