Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I currently have a mortgage with CUA. Its fixed term expiry…

Customer Question
Hi I currently have...

Hi I currently have a mortgage with CUA. Its fixed term expiry ended Sunday however I completed documentation to request the new term of 2 yrs Interest only as I am currently without employment. I am told that this would not likely be accepted. I made contact with the bank on Monday 6 Nov and after hearing nothing called them on Friday. Apparently they had not reviewed my request and instead placed me on a Discount Variable at 4.64 % which is higher. The Loans specialist was quite rude and when I asked to speak to his Supervisor he advises that his Superior will not engage with me for discussion. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only my request form. The rude employee tells me that my request is not yet assessed and may take some time. All the while I will be paying more in repayments. He advises he will tell his Supervisor I have again requested his name and to speak with him however tells me he can't offer me his name and that he is unlikely to call me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Has CUA responded in writing to you yet in regards ***** ***** most recent application?