Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How can I get out of a contract for the purchase of a

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get out of a contract for the purchase of a caravan ? And what is the cooling off period?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Western Australia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have signed a contract and I also advised the dealer by phone that I have had a long and hard think about it and do not want to proceed with the purchase

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not that I can think of at the moment just that I do not want to go ahead with the purchase

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello

there is no cooling off period unless stipulated in the contract of sale.

Is there a cooling off period stipulated in the contract?

They didn’t not mention cooling off period but they made me sign on the line, I realised later when I got home they made me sign on the non cooling off clause ,

Hello
Well the issue is, unless they mislead you, the contract may well be valid.
You need to negotiate with them to settle, clearly they can sell the caravan to someone else, so hopefully they can release you from the contract.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.