Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This is an enquiry on behalf of my grandson has just

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** is an enquiry on behalf of my grandson has just competed his landscape & gardening apprenticeship is Shepparton. His employee has told him along with other employees that he is going to work somewhere else for wages, The employer initially gave the employees 4 weeks notice, but he keeps extending this time frame. He has also indicated that he is not closing up completely, because of a couple of contracts he has to complete. Say he is going to do this work himself on his days off from his new job. My question is are you able to tell me if my grandson is entitled to any compensation once the employer finally says 'that is it, you are finished'

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Shepparton Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is about it I think...thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
In short, no not particularly.
Issue is this, the employer has given sufficent notice, well as far as the law is converned. He has given notice and allowed time for him to work at the present time.
So, he has been given notice, been told that his position will be terminated, and is kept on to complete some contracted work.

Thus, he cannot claim hardship, and Fair Work Australia will so no issue, resulting in no compensation sadly.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Thank you for this information...I thought this might be the case. I paid the $5.00 to obtain this information, and I received an emails saying the it was going to cost me a further $93.00, Please cancel any membership this may have created, as I do not wish to take this matter any further. Regards Rhonda *

There is a statement on the bottom of my email, saying the $5.00 is refundable, no questions asked, please refund my $5.00.
This website is not very clear. I was of the understanding it would only cost $5.00.Once again I request my $5.00 be refunded

Hello
I shall speak with customer service for you.
I am not privy to the cost agreements you have with the site.
In respect of the question, is there any further assistance I can be off?

No thank you
Hopefully I get my refund