Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wanting to build a home in an estate in Townsville. My…

Customer Question
I am wanting to...

I am wanting to build a home in an estate in Townsville. My builder has been very diligent in meeting the covenants required even getting it approved prior to the building contract. Now that we are ready to start construction the local manager has squashed the covenant approval because he doesn't think it looks impressive enough...what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Only found out this morning that he wasn't going to let it pass even the State Office has said it meets all covenants as required

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Will be in the Stocklands North Shore estate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just don't think one person can say in his personal opinion the home needs a much bigger porch...which will cost $8000 to $10000 more because the home is at the entrance of that part??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

when you say local manager, are you referring to the planing department in the Council ?