Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been overcharged for two years for electricity. I…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good afternoon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have been overcharged for two years for electricity. I have the bills and the proof of that. I have been charged as a business and not a resident. They are taking a very long time to sort it out. I have mentioned it quite a few times due to my electricity bills being so high for 1 person and they have always just said you must just use a lot of electricity" how can I get them to fix it up and get my refund asap

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

NSW and its not a purchase its electricity bills dating from November 2015 to September 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a number of times but I have only just heard something back. They keep saying they are lo0oking into it but its been a long time. Not to mention the fact I have brought this issue up with them over and over again and have had no help but a shrug of the shoulder and a öh well"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have said that I might not get a refund but I am entitled to one and want to make sure I get it. Its not just a hundred or so dollars its thousands

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello

Have you filed an application to the Ombudsman as yet?
https://www.ewon.com.au/

They will be able to look into the situation for you. Sending correspondence back and forth seems to be doing little to assist.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hi I would like to know why you took $93 out of my account? It was only meant to be a $5 fee.