Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a friend whose family have put her into a old peoples…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend whose family have put her into a old peoples home , she is 85 years of age and suffers from dementia but is not bad , and even the staff at the home say that she should not be there , she has been dumped and they do not even visit . they have sold all her furniture which a lot of was antique , sold her home , now she wants to know what has happened to her money she only gets about $20. a week, she also had 17,000 invested but she made her children power of atterney ,she tried to ring a lawyer but they took her phone book away from her.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the staff taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

The staff have been told she is not to use the phone and the family is to be told if she tries also certain friends are not to visit her and any outings has to be okeyed by the family

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was her carrer a

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
In respect of the matter, the POWER OF ATTORNEY, do you have a copy?

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.