Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We paid for flood insurance the building has been damage we…

We paid for flood...

We paid for flood insurance the building has been damage we are covered for 85% of the damage this has been going on for 8 months the insurance has sent in a contracer to quote on repairs but every time they came out they cut things out ( they came out 5 times ) so approx 2 months age we have asked for a payout and it has been agreed to by the insurance company repesentative have been waiting two weeks for the payout and now have been told not a thing the insurance broker said that it would take a little of gentle pressure i have ben told to stay calm and wait a bit longer is this normal in insurance claims

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW is where the building is

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes with the insurance company we hired a person to help out with this we live in melbounre we sent over 2 rmonths in NSW to try to get this resolved

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i do not want to make trouble for anyone but i am at a loss what to do do i wait for an answer from the insurance company or what

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Are you after the ombudsman, their website is as follows

https://www.fos.org.au/

We are solicitors.

The ombudsman will require you to have a rejection letter from the insurer adivising you to take it to them and then you have to lodge a complaint.

Leon, Solicitor
ok thank you

Good Afternoon

You are very welcome.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards