Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had room mates in house for 10 months wen they left they…

Customer Question
I had room mates...

I had room mates in house for 10 months wen they left they had done some damage to the cabinet in bathroom ,their bond money wont cover cost ,can i take them to court on civil matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/12/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor

hello
In short, yes, you can take them to the small claims tribunal of the Magistrates Court:
http://www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/C/civil_matters.aspx?uid=1226-6994-1097-9582

They can make a judgement call.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hi Daniel i would like to know how much u would charge to handle case if it went to court ,i have got a msg on my phone the person admitting that they cause damage to cabinet
Hello, I am in Sydney, so not cost-effective for me to attend.