Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We live an an over fifties caravan park and have bought a…

Customer Question
We live an an...

We live an an over fifties caravan park and have bought a home here, the owners are enforcing a change to the mail system requesting that all pay $3.50 per welfare for a letter box. Many permonent residence are on pensions and feel that can't afford this, in the event we don't pay then the mail will be sent return to sender. Can you help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld North Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to date we received notice last week

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/12/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

have you got a copy of the bylaws of the park, as this will show how the residents can raise an objection ?

Nothing in any agreement showed intention to charge for a mailing addtess

In this case the residents as a group can raise an objection in a formal manner.

Have you considered this option ?

Will try this and see what the outcome.

Ok this is a good start. There are other options after this step.

If you would like to talk on the telephone I have extended a special offer to you if preferred?

Will try this first then get back to you if not ok

Yes that is fine. However, if you select the telephone offer you will be able to call me as you require, as this offer is only available to this post.