How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently my partner of 34 years was admitted to the Weribbee

Customer Question

Hello,my name is ***** ***** partner of 34 years was admitted to the Weribbee Mercy Hospital About 4 years ago she was diagnosed with stage 3 liver complaint,since that time she was never treated for the condition and she passed on the 17th Sept.I received an appointment for her for the 2nd of Oct.too little to late.The kids and i think that if they had of started treatment when first diagnosed that she would still be here.I have been asking different medical people for answers and all i get in return is,see a lawyer.She was seeing a doctor in the olivia newton john wing for a long time,she also presented to the sunshine hospital and also the footscray hospital along with seeing other medical -one will give me any answers
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: all that is on the death certificate is organ failure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  John Melis replied 1 year ago.

Have you obtained a copy of the patient records yet ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No-one will give me any answers at all,all i get told is to see a lawyer.
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 year ago.

You situation involves assessing a medical negligence claim which is a complex area of law.

There are solutions but it needs careful analysis.

Would you like to talk on the phone ?