Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had 2 dentures for about 3 years made from metal and…

Customer Question
Hi I have had...

Hi I have had 2 dentures for about 3 years made from metal and plastic which have performed badly , The bottom one broke into 2 parts and my dentist offered to have it repaired and the dental mechanic refused to do the work at no cost . My dentist took the repair to another mechanic who did the repair at no cost to me but the dentist told me later that she pain for it .The upper denture had some metal flat sections which covered the worn out teeth and had several teeth glued on to replace my missing teeth . It also had some metal hooks to my original teeth .This denture has two teeth broken off and one of the metal coverplates has also broken exposing the old teeth and one of the metal hooks has broken.I belieive my dentist is no longer dealing with the original suppler .How can I seek compensation or another set of dentures fron the supplier when I don,t even know hot he,she is . Although I have not mentioned this to my dentist I believe she would make a claim if we thought that it would be succesfull . Regards ***** ***** .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Eric McGee lives in Victoria .

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/12/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

where the dentures has caused loss and pain due to the dentures being not made properly, a claim of negligence or breach of contract can be raise.

Have you considered either of these options ?