Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been issued a fine by the EAP for a wrapper being…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been issued a fine by the EAP for a wrapper being disposed from the window accidentally. Do you have any advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My friend recieved a letter in the mail with a fine it fell from the passenger seat where I was seated.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/11/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Accidentally or not, it is still illegal.

You can send a letter and explain that it was an accident and request it be withdrawn but I suspect they wont and you will have to pay it.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards