Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Have had holiday $1000. bond imprinted to my credit card…

Customer Question
Have had holiday $1000...

Have had holiday $1000. bond imprinted to my credit card with $20. fee,Why when rental company ok return $1000. bond my bank , Point 1- take so long to return money, Point 2-why and is it legal of bank not to allow this as a payment on monthly credit card statment

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

My credit card is Citi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Sorry mucked up my credit card is Citi Bank issued I reside in Tasmania,I inquired at bank by phone to be told of this , my belief is that it should be seen as a payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/10/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

did you sign any paperwork in relation to the $1,000 for the holiday, like a travel agent contract ?

This was for motorhome relocation with Apollo,when we have these holidays/roadtrips they do imprint on credit card don`t take money once we complete they release imprint back to our bank ,Yes we do sign paperwork before we take possession of motorhome hope this is understandable

yes this very clear. Thank you.

Did that agreement have any notation about fees applying ?

this a part of normal rental agreement
Ok this is where the issues may be for the charge that has applied. A key step to determine if the charge is wrong is to review that agreement in relation to the fees that apply. The provider cannot charge fees unless they are disclosed properly.I have sent you a special offer to talk on the phone if you prefer to make it easier on this important matter?