Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

WA. Bankwest has quoted 4.48% for a 4 months term deposit.

Customer Question
WA. Bankwest has quoted...

WA. Bankwest has quoted 4.48% for a 4 months term deposit. Despite this appearing to be a very good rate we accepted this some 3 weeks after the offer which stated that this amongst other rates were held for the date of offer only. Subsequently we emailed Bankwest accepting their offer they responded saying that they would action the new TD's on 13/11/17 when due. They them reemailed saying that they made a mistake and reduced the rate offering part compensation which is below the actual interest which wpould have been received if the original offer was honoured. Would the Financial Ombudsman deal with this and in your opinion would he rule in our favour?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager and subordinates. The manager received my email with the details showing the 4.48% TD for 4 months and his words in email response was " Hi Joe .Thank you for your email. Our support team will
reinvest the term deposits as requested upon maturity on 13/11/2017" email ID assistant relationship manager.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No private small business and client of Bankwest.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Another email arrived from Joe Emmens Bankwest Regional Manager Business Banking stating " Hi Joe All received . I will have this actioned. "

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Hi Joe,Thank you for your email.Our support team will reinvest the term deposits as requested upon maturity on 13/11/2017.If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact your Relationship Manager.Kind Regards,John
Assistant Relationship Manager | Business Banking Relationship Support
www.bankwest.com.au › find us onOther Important Contact Details:
Online Business Banking Queries 13 70 00 (Option 1)
General Business Account Enquiries 13 70 00 (Option 1)
General Personal Account Enquiries 13 17 18
Reporting Lost/Stolen Credit Cards 13 17 18 (Option 3) - Overseas number +61 8 9449 2840
Bankwest Merchant Solutions Sales 1800 488 588
Bankwest Merchant Solutions Service 1800 230 177
Bankwest Markets (Foreign Exchange) 1300 786 241
Disclaimer
If you choose to email a copy of any documentation to us, you do so at your own risk. As emails are an unsecured means of communication, there is a risk your email could be viewed by others if it is intercepted or sent to an incorrect address, and Bankwest assumes no responsibility for this. If you have any concerns about emailing information to us please provide it by other means
Disclaimer
This email has been authorised by Bankwest, a division of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Bankwest) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL / Australian credit licence 234945From: ***** <*****@******.***>
To: "*****@******.***" <*****@******.***>,
Date: 09/11/2017 01:22 PM
Subject: Bankwest - Term Deposit Rates Bankwest
________________________________________Hi Anne – Marie,
Re: 3 Gold Term renewal .
Please renew the attached 3 Gold Term accounts which are expiring on 13th November next for a further 4 months at 4.48% as quoted herein.
As I am leaving on Saturday please issue any documents that you need by email to me by tomorrow or preferably today. Hopefully this is sufficient authority for you to re invest my funds.
Thank you
Yours Faithfully,
Joe Nardizzi
THE CHOICE GROUP
Choice Constructions Pty Ltd 4513
Choice Estates TC 1204
5 Keaney Place City Beach WA 6015
9245 2222 Fax 6365 4123
Joe Nardizzi 0411 725 818
From: Anne Jansen
Sent: Thursday, 9 November 2017 12:57 PM
To: choice <*****@******.***>
Subject: FW: Bankwest - Term Deposit Rates Bankwest
Hi Joe – TD Rates from Anne***** *****
From: Joe Nardizzi
Sent: Monday, 23 October 2017 4:43 PM
To: ***** ***** <*****@******.***>
Hi Annie Pls confer your recommendation reference where to put these funds. Westpac or leave ar Bankwest? Thank you
From:***@******.*** [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: Monday, 23 October 2017 4:18 PM
To: ***** ***** <*****@******.***>
Subject: Term Deposit Rates Bankwest
Hi Joseph,Please find attached of Rate available today for our Gold TeRm Deposit Account.I am unable to quote exact rates that will be available on the 13/11/17 however if you contact me the week before the 13th November I will quote up to date offers.3 Month TD 4.45%
4 Month TD 4.48%
5 Month TD 2.49%
6 Month TD 2.5%
8 Month TD 2.53%
9 Month TD 2.55%Regards & Thanks,Anne-***** *****
Relationship Manager | Business & Commercial Banking WA
Level 11A Bankwest Place*****Perth WA 6000
p | (08) 9369 9364 e |***@******.***
www.bankwest.com.au find us on
Awarded Bank of the Year 2017
The best compliment you can give us is to recommend Bankwest to your business associates, family and friends.My Regional Manager Joe Emmens is also happy to receive your feedback and can be contacted on m | 0484 327 251 e |***@******.***When it comes to your business, we want to be sure we're providing you with the highest level of service possible. To help us achieve this, we have introduced a dedicated team of Assistant Relationship Managers, so if you call and I am unavailable they may be able to handle your questions on the spot. If you have more complex enquiries, they will organise a call back with me at a time that suits you. The team is on hand Monday - Friday [5am - 5pm, WST/8am- 8pm EST] and together we are committed to providing the best service for you._______________________________________________________________________________
Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.
This electronic transmission including any attachments is intended only
for those to whom it is addressed. It may contain copyright material or
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure by law.
Any claim to privilege is not waived or lost by reason
11/10/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor