Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This is not a legal question so perhaps I have come to the…

This is not a...

This is not a legal question so perhaps I have come to the wrong place but My Wife has an Allocated Pension with North (AMP) and have an Authority with that Plan as an ex Financial Planner. I continually have service problems with them where they say they will do something or call me back and it never happens. I have put complaints in and was fobbed off the first time after they said they would call me to discuss this and after 4 weeks just emailed me with their decision which was not at all in my Wife's favour. I now have a second complaint with them and I rang them to speak to their Customer Resolutions Officer but she would not take my call last Monday as she was too busy but relayed to me that she would call me on Thursday ( 3days later). Of course this never occurred. They treat their Clients with utter contempt and disdain but readily charge the Client thousands of dollars for their service which is totally void in most cases.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland but North are in Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have sent 2 Complaints. One regarding a stock in the ASX300 i wanted to buy but was omitted from their list. was told someone would call me back but that didn't happen and 9 days after I wanted to buy the stock it was added to their list and I was told I could buy it then. By then I had wanted to sell it. They said they would investigate and contact me regarding this but just emailed the amount they were going to pay ( which has never happened). This was less than half what I felt was fair compensation. The second time was to complain about this and the fact that no- one would discuss this and the dreadful service. They continually lie and are outright contemptuous of the Client.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The amount in the Allocated Pension is over $500000 and I originally set up a Super policy with National Mutual in 1987 which was rolled into my Wife's Plan so the association has been for 30 years now. Also this has been a constant concern(the lying and bad treatment) since AMP took over from AXA.

11/10/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

If you are after the ombudsman their website is as follows

https://www.fos.org.au/

You have to lodge a forma complaint with them and provide them with full details and as much evidence as possible.

They will investigate and once they receive a response from them they will give you a response.

They will not speak to you online or give you advise.

We are solicitors and this is not a free service.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
I have already investigated the Super Ombudsman and will be following through with them. I will no longer require your assistance, such as it is.

Good Morning

All the best and good luck

Regards