Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wanting to lodge a complaint about the delay tactics…

Customer Question
Hi, I am wanting...

Hi, I am wanting to lodge a complaint about the delay tactics being used by my Commonwealth employer to provide docs to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Vi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I lodged 2 x FOI's in Aug, one agency supplied my docs free 18/9, the other wanted to charge almost $500 which I asked to be reviewed and after another 30 days they reduced the amount which I accepted. I sent a money order that they received 30/10 then they told me they needed my address to set up an account to bank it. I supplied that 3/11 and have not heard from them in a week with a new date for the FOI

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I understand it us 30 days from receipt of money order under Sect 31?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/9/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards *****

Have you lodged a formal complaint for the delay with docs with that department yet ?